Microchannel coils have been used in the automotive industry for more than twenty years but the technology has only recently been adapted to the HVAC&R industry. Luvata is one of the few companies leading the way with this new technology.
Luvata's microchannel coils are the next generation of energy efficient condenser coils for converting gas to liquid. In microchannel coils the tubes are flat and, instead of one large port, they contain multiple micro ports.
Microchannel coils are made from 100% aluminium.
Advantages of Luvata microchannel coils
- More efficient than conventional condenser coils
- Reduce waste and cost through lower refrigerant requirements
- Less internal volume reduces refrigerant charge
- Unimetal (aluminium) for easier recycling of materials
- Commercial air conditioning
- Commercial refrigeration
- Mobile air conditioning
Luvata also offers microchannel coils for military air conditioning, manufactured with light-weight materials and specifically designed for harsh or rugged conditions including extreme temperatures.
Microchannel coils include aluminum tubes and fins. This unique-unimetal design is easy to recycle and highly efficient.