Inner Grooved Tubes
We produce a specialised air-conditioning and refrigeration tube with an enhanced inner surface for superior heat transfer performance. The surface enhancement can be varied according to the application and we can control the weight and the dimensions of the tube with very close tolerances.
Applications for Inner grooved ACR Tubes
- Air-conditioning (residential and commercial)
- Refrigeration (commercial and transport)
- Heat-exchanger manufacturing (all HVAC/R segments)
We supply smooth tubes, which are characterised by their bright, clean and dry internal and external surfaces. We can control the weight and the dimensions of the tube with very close tolerances to ensure trouble-free performance and cost saving.
Our smooth ACR tubes are 100% rotary eddy-current tested to ensure the highest quality.
Applications for Smooth tubes
- All ACR industries including household refrigeration
Luvata is one of the world’s largest producer of thin-wall heat exchanger tubes. In order to further support our customers we have added the capability to provide hairpins in various dimensions with several different tube surfaces. This has resulted in increased efficiency without increasing the size of the heat exchanger, therefore lowering production costs and allowing the use of new environmentally-friendly coolants.
Luvata also offers a variety of other high performance products and solutions for the ACR industry.
ACR Tube solutions
- UNIGUARD® - alloy that addresses formicary corrosion
- T-Proof® - coating that addresses formicary corrosion
Read more about corrosion solutions »
Advanced Heat Transfer Surfaces
Read more about advanced heat transfer surfaces »
- UNITUBE® - standard DHP copper tube
- UNILLOY® - high strength tube
Read more about alloy solutions »
- UNILLOY® - high strength tube to meet challenges of next generation refrigerants
- Herringbone Crosshatch™ (2V-XH™) - high performance tube
- UNILITE® - tube specifically designed to address raw material cost
Read more about CO2 solutions »
ACR tube types
The type most frequently used by the industry we serve is layer-wound coils (LWC), with or without cardboard reels (flanges). Today we mainly supply the most cost efficient types, which are large coils without cardboard packaging, i.e. so called eye-to-sky or bare-pack type of coils.
||Most demanding heat exchange applications
||Normal heat exchange applications
||Cost cutting applications
All of our different types of tubes meet national and international standards.
Hairpin technical details
||.313" and .375"
||from 15.8" to 72"
||from .800" to 1.00" centre to centre